Building, celebrating and nurturing a new brand and a community of global Africans
SCOPE OF WORK
The Contractor shall provide strategic advice around branding and communication to engage with our target audience, develop and distribute social media content through all of NMAFA’s social media platforms, as well as provide PR services to support exhibitions and programs of the museum. The Contractor shall work primarily remotely and periodically onsite to assist with department programs and events depending on COVID-19 restrictions.
The goals of this contract are:
• To celebrate, engage with and build a community of engaged, inspired global African artists, curators, conservators, archivists, community organizers and other creatives in conversation with NMAFA collections, knowledge production and art experiences. Support the re-positioning and branding efforts of the Museum
• Develop key digital communication, social media, and marketing content for the museum
• Develop relationships with and engage with media stakeholders, including arts, culture, lifestyle and news journalists, bloggers and vloggers and influencers.
The Contractor shall be responsible for the following:
1. Manage the re-branding and positioning of the museum- working with external consultants and the museum
2. Coordinate and develop social media and digital content
3. Develop and implement communication strategies for the museum
4. Report on digital engagement analytics and industry trends
The Contractor shall provide/deliver the following:
1. A branding and communication strategy to engage with NMAFA’s target audience of Gen Z and Millennial Global Africans
2. A communication strategy for each exhibition and major initiative.
3. 5-7 published posts on 3-4 social media platforms each week
4. Social media engagement reports for each platform with analysis of which topics, tags, and assets perform well.
5. Other deliverables arising from the strategy
QUALIFICATIONS OF CONTRACTOR
The Contractor shall have experience building communities of global Africans around art and culture
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE
All work under this purchase order shall begin on or about February 28, 2022 and be completed on or about September 30, 2022. The contract is is not to exceed 1,500 hours. Due to COVID-19 the contractor’s schedule could change at any time prior oral or written agreement.