- This event has passed.
A Program for Adults with Dementia and their Care-partners
April 24, 2018 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Registration is required for this program
Recommended for audiences 18+
The experience of looking closely allows us to appreciate beauty, exchange ideas, share memories, or simply respond to the work in front of us. Every fourth Tuesday of the month, the National Museum of African Art invites individuals living with dementia, together with their care-partner, to join us for special tours highlighting the joy of close-looking.
Each month’s interactive and multisensory tour will feature a different theme:
- April 24: Afrofuturism: African Art in Pop Culture
- May 29: Snapshot: Art and Selfie
- June 26: Making a Splash: Water in African Art
- July 24: Repurposed: Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle Art
- August 28: Dance Off: African Art in Motion
Registration is required for this program. Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate drop-in participants. For more information and to register, please contact the Smithsonian Accessibility Program at email@example.com or 202–633–2921.