Discover the creative ingenuity of the diverse peoples of Africa. As the cradle of humanity, Africa is part of everyone’s heritage…part of your heritage. Invest in your heritage by supporting the National Museum of African Art. You can:
The National Museum of African Art relies on individuals like you to ensure our growth and success. Your support provides the vital resources necessary to sustain and develop our exhibitions and programs. Join us today and make a lasting contribution to the future of the National Museum of African Art.
You may use our secure server to join online or complete the downloadable form and mail it to the address on the form. If you join online, you will receive an email confirmation from us.
Federal funding covers only a portion of the expenses needed to carry out our exhibitions, education and outreach programs, publications, and other museum services. We rely on private support like yours to make these programs possible and maintain our standard of excellence. Join us today and make a lasting contribution to the future of the National Museum of African Art.
I wish to make a fully-tax deductible gift without receiving any goods or services in return.
The National Museum of African Art’s singular focus is raising the profile and importance of African art. Obtaining dependable sources of funding is of critical importance if the museum is to continue its tradition of acquiring exciting art and organizing innovative programs and to expand its outreach to local and national audiences. There are many ways, with many benefits and privileges, to support the National Museum of African Art.
Membership Levels & Benefits
- Two invitations to exhibition openings
- Annual breakfast with the Director
- Recognition in NMAfA reports
- Priority reservations for group tours
All the benefits of the Contributor’s Circle, plus…
- Invitations for four to an exhibition preview dinner
- Lunch for two with the Director
- Private tour of the museum or an exhibition of your choice
- Opportunity for company to use NMAfA and SI names in press issued by company (subject to museum approval)
All the benefits of the Sponsor’s Circle, plus…
- Invitations for four to an evening program with the Director
- Invitations for two to Meet the Artist receptions
- Opportunity to speak at one museum event each year
All the benefits of the Leader’s Circle, plus…
- Opportunity to sponsor or name one program annually
- Opportunity to host a Corporate Family Day
- Opportunity to host additional corporation events annually at the museum
- Invitations for four to dinner with a visiting artist
- Private tour of museum for 10
- Premier placement of the corporation’s name on NMAfA and Smithsonian websites
- Honorary Smithsonian Corporate membership
- One-way hot link to NMAfA website
Sponsorship and Naming Opportunities
Duration of naming opportunity will not exceed 30 years
African Art pavilion: $7 million
Large exhibition hall: $4 million
Medium exhibition gallery: $2 million
Small exhibition gallery: $1 million
Conservation laboratory: $1 million
- Special art acquisition fund: $1-25 million
Each time a privately funded collection is publicly displayed or published, the donor will be appropriately acknowledged.
- Individual Art Purchase: $50,000-$5 million
Individual donor’s name will be acknowledged each time the artwork purchased is displayed or published.
Long-term exhibition: $100,000-$2 million
Short-term exhibition: $75,000-$500,000
Incoming exhibition: $75,000-$500,000
Traveling exhibition: $100,000-$1 million
Endowed Positions – (10-year term)
Named director: $3-$4 million
Named senior curator: $1.5-2 million
Named educator: $1-$2 million
Multiyear, national initiative: $100,000-$2 million
Short-term, local initiative: $25,000-$75,000
Exhibition catalogue: $25,000-$100,000
Exhibition guide: $10,000
Annual gala: $10,000-$250,000
Public programs $10,000-$100,000
To learn more about sponsorship and naming opportunities, please contact Frank Esposito at 202.633.4633.
Planned giving is a meaningful way to create a legacy at the National Museum of African Art while advancing your financial and estate-planning objectives. No matter the size, your gift will help us fulfill our mission.