The mission of the Smithsonian’s National Museum of African Art is to inspire conversations about the beauty, power, and diversity of Africa’s arts and cultures worldwide.
Your support helps us fulfill this vital mission on-site in Washington, DC and online for audiences located around the world. We receive 60% of our budget from federal appropriations, which allows us to offer free admission to everyone, maintain our state-of-the-art facilities, and employ our team. The remaining 40% of our budget is provided by generous supporters, like you, and enables us to offer special exhibitions, programs, and publications that celebrate Africa’s arts and cultures.
Whether you are a member, an art enthusiast, a corporate sponsor, or a grant-making organization, you join a group of African art supporters who believe that everyone should have access to learn, explore, and enjoy the dynamically rich arts of the African continent.